Activate and Access your New Student Account
New incoming students can follow these steps to activate and access their new UC San Diego email account.
In additional to email, this student account is used for other ITS-supported services and systems such as computer labs, WiFi network, VPN, and the Canvas learning management system.
- Students will be issued a campus username and email account shortly after accepting an offer of admission.
- You can activate your account using your Triton Checklist/MyTritonLink password after you have completed the New User setup step on the Triton Checklist.
- The process below will confirm your identity, link your student personal ID (PID) to your new email account and allow you to activate the account by setting its password.
- You will also use that username and password to access other campus resources such as the Canvas Learning Management System, WiFi, etc.
- You may set your password to match your original MyTritonLink password if it meets the ETS password standards (it should).
Steps to Take
Find your username and email
- Navigate to the Student Account Lookup tool
- Under the second option ('Forgot Username?'), enter your Last Name and Student PID, click Submit to see your account username.
- Click on the button displaying your account username.
- This will show info about your account and your official UC San Diego email address. Once you enroll in classes, information about computing resources will also be displayed by this tool.
- At the top you should see a New Students account activation alert with a Change Password link displayed.
NOTE: it may take 1-2 business days after you indicate acceptance of your admission offer in Slate for your account to be available. If your account is not found and you recently accepted, please try again a day or so later.
Set your password
- Once you know your username, click that Change Password link.
- Locate the first password change option, If you know any working passwords, use your original MyTritonLink/Triton Checklist password as your current password and enter a password for your ETS student account (you may reset the same password at this step)
- If your current password is not recognized, even if it does work for MyTritonLink, you'll need to use the link in the If you don't know your existing password section to reset your password by answering your security question.
- If the password change is successful, you will receive a confirmation screen stating the time your new password will take effect on all systems. This will usually be less than 15 minutes.
Log into your email